Read in one minute
The Monitoring and Controlling Process Group consists of those processes required to
- track and review the progress and performance of the project;
- identify any areas in which changes to the plan are required; and
- initiate the corresponding changes.
The key benefit of this Process Group is that project performance is measured and analyzed at regular intervals, appropriate events, or exception conditions to identify variances from the project management plan.
The Monitoring and Controlling Process Group also involves:
- Controlling changes and recommending corrective or preventive action in anticipation of possible problems,
- Monitoring the ongoing project activities against the project management plan and the project performance measurement baseline, and
- Influencing the factors that could circumvent integrated change control or configuration management so only approved changes are implemented.
This continuous monitoring provides the project team insight into the health of the project and identifies any areas requiring additional attention. The Monitoring and Controlling Process Group monitors and controls the entire project effort.
Concluding Remarks: This Process Group is more of like Watching over the entire Project and taking corrective actions if there are any deviations with regards to the Project Plan.
1,967 total views, 4 views today